Lendenclub is Hiring!
About the Role:
We are looking at a product leader who would be able to own the Payments Network, either Payouts or Payins or both, depending on the skills, maturity, and past experience.
Managing the payment platform as a product needs a product manager to solve problems along 2 separate areas.
• Network – Growing and optimizing coverage in terms of payment methods, payment types, customer segment-specific needs, partner/bank-specific.
• Technology – creating & optimizing technology platforms to deliver a standard payments experience across customer segments i.e B2B and B2C
Job Location : Mumbai
• More than 7 years experience in payments product management.
• Worked with banking & payments partners.
Job Roles & Responsibilities:
• Be an expert.
• Liaise regularly & communicate to the leadership team, sales & account management teams to gather market feedback and share regular updates.
• Be on top of market trends across different markets & payment types e.g. wallets, accounts, cash, cards.
• Bring insights into payments experiences & flows that the company should build for different customer segments & use cases.
• Own the Payment Network as a product to deliver coverage, speed & efficiency goals. Own technology on this.
• Create an expansion or optimization roadmap based on inputs about new markets, new customer segments, new use cases, and scalability problems.
• Work with Partnership development teams to translate the roadmap into a pipeline of bank & payment partners.
• Work with fintech, banks & payment partners to finalize the contours of the partnerships.
• Create technical & functional requirements & get these implemented through an Agile tech team as well non-technical stakeholders.
• Develop a technology & data-driven approach to measuring & delivering efficiency goals across STP rates, error handling & returns.
• Strategic thinking – This role would require the person to build the payments network strategy in alignment with the company’s financial infrastructure strategy, target customer segments & revenue goals.
• Be willing to get your hands dirty – from writing Jira stories, drawing swim lane diagrams to running sprint meetings, you will do it all.
• A people person – Will need to interact with a lot many internal and external teams.
• While being articulate – you would be required to articulate & justify your vision & strategy behind your roadmap to domain experts & leaders again & again in a crowded & evolving payment stage.
• Comfort with technology – dealing with engineers & architects to design new flows, adapt systems to new market innovations while maintaining integrity & scalability of the platform is vital.